So I'll be totally honest. I felt like punking out on a post tonight. Not because I haven't done anything fun or interesting today, but because I had two glasses of sake and I am pulling some serious old-lady status on my Friday nights as of late.
But anyway.
Having my Fridays off has been great. For the first summer since senior year of high school, I'm able to have a full 24 hours to myself. I've started visiting my grandmother (Nonna) every few weeks, seen my (might as well be) "cousin" Josh a few times, and been to the beach for the first time in almost two years.
Today was a special Friday, though. Two very dear friends allowed me to be their witness as they applied for their marriage license in municipal court. It's also not every day that you have to swear an oath stating that you've not given false information, else you've committed perjury. So there was that, but, more importantly, it was moving to see two people who love each other very much start the process of getting all hitched up. It takes a lot of fortitude and faith to legally bind yourself to someone for the rest of the conceivable future, and I am so happy that Andrew and Joyce have decided to do so.
Afterwards, we had celebratory Bluestone and lazy afternoon - well, Andrew and I did - and we've just gotten back from dinner at East in Teaneck. Three words: Conveyor belt sushi. For the record, I ate three sweet potato rolls, two cucumber rolls, and an avocado/cucumber roll. Not super impressive by anybody's standards, but vegetarian rolls are typically slim pickings.
In any event, I ate enough to slip into food coma, so I think I'll go pass out on the sofa with the snuggie and Juan.
Til next time, stay fancy.
No comments:
Post a Comment